- “What're you doing?”
- — James, when he spots you in Soul Collector
Appearance in Gregory Horror Show Edit
In the anime, nobody is above James's pranks and dreadful misbehavior... not even Gregory Mama (whom he calls "old lady" and "old hag"). He appears in the second mainstream season and both Last Train and The Bloody Karte.
Appearance in Gregory Horror Show: Soul CollectorEdit
James first appears after you deliver Neko Zombie's soul to Death on the first night. In a scripted event, he drops a banana peel outside your room, and Gregory has to pick it up. This is a hint on how to steal Catherine's soul.
James will follow the player and make a lot of noise. Peeking is made impossible when he's there, as he yells at you if you try it. He will also yell at you if you try to get behind the front counter in the Lobby. He may yell, but he never chases you or performs a Horror Show.
The only way to get rid of him is hiding, or outrunning him. If you leave him alone, and Gregory or Catherine is in the area, he will lose interest in you and annoy them instead. Although he will stop what he's doing and tail you if he sees you, it's fairly easy to lose him. Running away will lose him after a while, as well as going through two doors right after each other.
He keeps a diary in his bedroom that you can read. The content changes each night and give clues on how to get the guest's souls. James can also give you hints on getting people's souls if you talk to him.
Appearance in Gregory Horror Show: Another World Edit
James appears in Chapter 7, "James".
Soul Collector MemosEdit
Main Article: Guide:Memos
- "I'm burning! I'm burning!"
- "Fire fighter on the scene. Yee-haw!"
- "Hey lady! Wow that was so fun! I turned bright red and then the flames burned off all my skin!"
- James appears in both in the game and in the rest of the anime seasons except for first.
- In the game James appears to keep hidden stashes of sweets around the hotel. There is chocolate hidden under his bed and also behind boarded up holes in the wall on the eastern side of the upper floor near both stairs. When James is wandering around up here he will sometimes stop and jump up and down in front of the boarded up hole where the chocolate is (although he does this often anyway when prancing around).